Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I finally finished school at SLCC with two associate degrees, health science and rad tech. I was accepted to world renowned M.D. Anderson Cancer Center for school in fall of 2008 but didn't feel up to doing all the things that were required to make the move and start school. Turning down the offer was an agonizing decision but I think a wise one. I will be able to get better situated mentally, financially, emotionally, spiritually before I move far from home and begin that exciting adventure.

I have just started a job - today was my training - at Rapid Care Orthopedic Clinic. I feel really lucky to have this job. I met my coworkers today and think it will be a great opportunity to grow professionally. I am a little nervous about doing dressing changes, taking out stitches, drawing up medications, etc. but I think I can do it. If you would have told me two years ago that I would become the "star student" at St. Mark's Hospital, I would not have believed you.

I live with my parents and two brothers in West Valley in the new house we bought back in February. It is a pretty nice house - except that everything is brown - especially the ugly shade of tan paint on the walls. But the ceilings are so high and there is too much to paint to give me any desire to do that. Our fall project is to put in some of the yard since we are the last ones on the block to have anything done.

Marcus just got married. It is a little strange to think that I will never live with him again. He seems happy living in student housing up at the University with his wife. Christopher was going to move to Provo but has decided to hold off for a bit. I am sad that he has to drive so much to and from work in Springville but I love having him around. He makes me laugh and we have a lot of fun together.

3 comments:

fivelive said...

Yea Cammie you did it. Your blog looks great

Andy Nash said...

Hi Cammie. I like your blog. I also have a blog. I think it would be great if everyone in the family had a blog. We might all keep up with eachother a little bit better. Have you seen Jacob & Katie's Blog? They always have the best photos. Carrie has a good blog too, but I'm assuming that you've seen it already.

Celest said...

Hey Cammie,

It's Celest I hope you keep up the the blog I love being able to be connected without having to try too hard. You should check out mine. However, I have been pretty lazy and haven't updated in forever.