It has been such a long time since I last posted. I have been pretty busy with the holidays and math and working occasionally and I just didn't know what to say.
I am almost done with my math class, only six days left! I take my final on Tuesday the 20th. I am so excited to be done. I am sick of worrying about it. When I am finished with math I am going to start looking for jobs in Houston, Texas. While I am not looking forward to the heat and the plethora of bugs down south I am a little excited about getting a new start with life. I had planned on moving last August but then I got a job here in SLC that I felt reallly good about. Nothing ever came of that but if it does come available soon I would be tempted to take it just becuase it would be easier to stay than to leave.
I am not a big one to say "I feel like that is where I need to be" when it comes to moving. My opinion is that wherever we make decisions to go we can have good experiences and learn what the Lord wants us to learn but, now I am eating my own words because "I feel like I really need to go to Texas." When I turned down the position at the school last fall I had planned to apply to several schools across the country, including one in Portland, Oregon, where I would really like to go. But, Texas has the best school with it being the #1 cancer center in the country and also giving licenses in radiation therapy and proton therapy (a new form of radiation used to treat cancer). Mostly though, Texas is calling out to me in a very strong and surprising way, even more so than it did last summer. Moving before I get accepted to the program is kind of a leap of faith and something I feel strongly I need to do.
I am kind of hoping that as I start planning/preparing, things will come together in a way they did not last summer. I wonder if the Lord wanted me to hang around for the past few months becuase I had some things He wanted me to do. I don't know. It has been great to be here. I love not having to go to work in the mornings. I love making meals for my family and spending time with them. It is going to be hard to leave. I think this will be the last time that I will be able to live with them (at 30 it probably better be) and while it has its challenges (my family is not very good at picking up after themselves) there has been quality and quantity "family bonding."
Some things of note:
-The new iPod Ryan and my family got me as a late B-day present had some problems with it - still under warranty - Amazing!!! I was able to exchange it for a new one. Cool!
-We had to put the family dog down, she probably had cancer. She had all these lumps all over her abdomen and she began biting at them at so we finally put her to sleep. It was hard because I had just bonded with her again. Mom, Chris and I would take her for walks all the time out here and she could run in the hills. We miss her.
-Christopher has started his own business. Since he got laid off a few months ago he took the time to ponder and decided to start his own game developing company called Morphosis Inc., LLC, I think that is what it is. We are pretty excited for him. He is working on his first project which seems to be going pretty good.
-Ryan finally graduated from college! He only needed the math class to finish up and with a miracle from above he ended up getting a B in the class. It was wonderful news. Now he can move on with his life. I did see him carrying around GRE and LSAT books yesterday though so it looks like he is planning on going on for something else.
-My sister, Kimberly is finally pregnant. Now that she gets out of the military in 9 months she and her husband finally decided that it was time to have a baby since she would not be able to be deployed after having the child. They have been married for 8 or 9 years. It is a boy and she is due in May.
-My brother, Marcus and his wife just got married in July and they are also expecting their first child due some time this summer.
At 30 I finally get to be an aunt for the first time. It is kind of exciting.
The last couple of years have been pretty rough for the whole family. We are hoping that 2009 will be better. It got off to a rough start but once math is over and my application for school is in hopefully I can relax and start some new adventures.
Change....(a long one with tons of pictures)
12 years ago
4 comments:
Thanks for the update! I often wonder what you guys are up to! I am excited for you to go to Texas. I wish you the best!!!
Cammie! It seems like so much has been going on! I'm excited you get to be an aunt! It is the best!!! Love ya! See ya soon!
It sounds like things are going really well for you! I miss you, and I love your updates!
Gosh, I thought you had fallen off the world wide web there for awhile. I absolutely agree that you will learn important lessons where ever you go. Good Luck.
Post a Comment