Monday, March 16, 2009

Hello Friends!

I have been working!!! Dallas bombed completely so I decided to come home. Three days later St. Mark's called me because one of their techs (Mike) broke his leg and will be out for 6-8 weeks. It is nice to be working again. We don't know if Mike will come back since he was planning on retiring this summer. I will be working regularly for a while and it is great. I got my first paycheck yesterday and it is much needed and makes me feel a lot better about my life. Things are finally looking up.

My application for school is in; it was due Feburary 28. I am not expecting to hear anything until at least April 1 at the very earliest. Right now, having found what could possibly be a permanent full time job I am a little worried about moving to Texas and not finding a job. Everyone is under hiring freezes. If I don't get accepted to school I think I will be okay with it, maybe a little disappointed initially but relieved just to work and make good money, and not have to go to the effort of moving across the country alone.

I am hoping to move back to the east side...at least temporarily! I can't wait. The renters will be moving out April 1st. We are going to fix up the house again and get it ready to sell. My commute to work will be cut down to 5 minutes again and I will be in the neighborhood with all my friends. I am planning on going back to the Winder 14th Ward. I am very nervous that something is going to come up and I won't be able to go back to that house. I have been so conditioned to plans falling through that I don't even want to think about it that much just in case some "miracle" happens and I don't get to go back to the neighborhood that harbors some of my best memories. Of course, it would be better to sell the house right away and not have to worry about it anymore. We will just have to see what happens.

3 comments:

James & Amy Anderson Family said...

I am glad you found a job. This is what I have learned about plans falling through- they didn't really fall through; Heavenly Father just gave you new ones!

Celest said...

I agree completely with Amy and congratulations also.

fivelive said...

often the new plans are ten times better that the ones that fell through so glad that you are working.